No matter how progressive we think we are, we’ve all got blind spots & we should do our best to try to educate ourselves. It’s okay to not know/understand how other people are feeling, but it’s NOT okay to not make the effort to learn.
Black Lives Matter - Ongoing fight to end state-sanctioned violence, liberate Black people, and end white supremacy forever.
NAACP Legal Defense Fund - The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. is America's premier legal organization fighting for racial justice.
Campaign Zero - Organization that utilizes research-based policy solutions to end police brutality in the U.S.
Unicorn Riot - Nonprofit media collective dedicated to exposing the root causes of social, economic, and environmental issues.
BYP100 - a transformative movement campaign to put an end to the different forms of gender violence that Black women, girls, femmes and gender non-conforming people face everyday.
Know Your Rights Camp - Advance the liberation and well-being of Black and Brown communities through education, self-empowerment, mass-mobilization and the creation of new systems that elevate the next generation of change leaders.
Black Visions Collective - A Black, Trans & Queer-Led organization that is committed to dismantling systems of oppression & violence, and shifting the public narrative to create transformative long-term change.
Reclaim The Block - Organizes Minneapolis community and city council members to move money from the police department into other areas of the city’s budget that truly promote community health and safety.
White People 4 Black Lives - White People 4 Black Lives (WP4BL) is a white anti-racist collective and activist project acting in alliance with Black Lives Matter: Los Angeles, the Movement 4 Black Lives, and other partners.
Minnesota Freedom Fund - Community-based nonprofit that pays criminal bail & immigration bonds for individuals who have been arrested while protesting police brutality.
BEAM - Black Emotional & Mental Health - Online directory of licensed Black therapists who are certified to provide virtual mental health services.
- The Hate U Give - Angie Thomas
- White Fragility: Why it’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Race - Robin DiAngelo and Michael Eric Dyson
- Between The World and Me - Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?: And Other Conversations About Race - Beverly Daniel Tatum
- My Grandmother's Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies - Resmaa Menakem
- This Book Is Anti-Racist: 20 Lessons on How to Wake Up, Take Action, and Do The Work - Tiffany Jewell
- I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness - Austin Channing Brown
- Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II - Douglas A. Blackmon
- Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America's Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing - Joy a Degruy
- So You Want to Talk About Race - Ijeoma Oluo
- Stamped from the Beginning - Ibram X. Kendi
- How to Be an Antiracist - Ibram X. Kendi
- Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor - Layla Saad and Robin DiAngelo
- Freedom Is a Constant Struggle: Ferguson, Palestine, and the Foundations of a Movement - Angela Y. Davis
- Women, Race, and Class - Angela Y. Davis
- Women, Culture, and Politics - Angela Y. Davis
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness - Michelle Alexander
- Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race - Reni Eddo-Lodge
- Check Your Privilege: Live into the Work - Myisha T Hill & Brandy Varnado
- Uprooting Racism: How White People Can Work for Racial Justice - Paul Kivel
- Black Feminist Thought: Knowledge, Consciousness, and the Politics of Empowerment (Perspectives on Gender) - Patricia Hill Collins
- Eloquent Rage: A Black Feminist Discovers Her Superpower - Brittney Cooper
- Heavy: An American Memoir - Kiese Laymon
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - Maya Angelou
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption - Bryan Stevenson
- Sister Outsider - Audre Lorde
- The Bluest Eye - Toni Morrison
- The Fire Next Time - James Baldwin
- The Fire This Time: A New Generation Speaks About Race - Jesmyn Ward
- When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir - Patrisse Khan-Cullors & Asha Bandele
- An African American and Latinx History of the United States - Paul Ortiz
- Citizen: An American Lyric - Claudia Rankine
- Mindful of Race: Transforming Racism from the Inside Out - Ruth King
- Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon To White America - Michael Eric Dyson
- The Color of Law - Richard Rothstein
- Have Black Lives Ever Mattered? - Mumia Abu-Jamal
- Race Talk and the Conspiracy of Silence: Understanding and Facilitating Difficult Dialogues on Race - Derald Wing Sue
- A Good Time for the Truth: Race in Minnesota - Sun Yung Shin
- Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present - Harriet A. Washington
- Fearing The Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia - Sabrina Strings
- Killing the Black Body: Race, Reproduction, and the Meaning of Liberty - Dorothy Roberts
- How We Get Free: Black Feminism and the Combahee River Collective - Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
- Hood Feminism: Notes from the Women That a Movement Forgot - Mikki Kendall
- The History of White People - Nell Irvin Painter
- White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide - Carol Anderson
- All About Love: New Visions - Bell Hooks
- At the Dark End of the Street: Black Women, Rape, and Resistance--A New History of the Civil Rights Movement from Rosa Parks to the Rise of Black Power - Danielle L. McGuire
- Ebony and Ivy: Race, Slavery, and the Troubled History of America's Universities - Craig Steven Wilder
- The Miner's Canary: Enlisting Race, Resisting Power, Transforming Democracy - Lani Guinier & Gerald Torres
- They Were Her Property: White Women as Slave Owners in the American South - Stephanie E. Jones-Rogers
- Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America's Police Forces - Radley Balko
- From #BlackLivesMatter to Black Liberation - Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
- March: Book One - John Lewis, Andrew Aydin & Nate Powell
- Dear Martin - Nic Stone
- Let It Shine: Stories of Black Women Freedom Fighters - Andrea Davis Pinkney & Stephen Alcorn
- The Color Purple - Alice Walker